Donate now


The Swiss Open-Air Museum is – finally – getting a schoolhouse

The schoolhouse in Unterheid, near Meiringen (BE), is currently being dismantled stone by stone so that it can be rebuilt at the Swiss Open-Air Museum. We’re keeping a construction diary, packed with all the latest about the relocation work, construction progress, the history of the building, background information and other interesting facts about this special project.

To the construction diary
Mit dem Schulhaus aus Unterheid aus dem Jahr 1830 erweitert das Freilichtmuseum Ballenberg seine Sammlung historischer Häuser.

Swiss Open-Air Museum

Museumsstrasse 100
CH-3858 Hofstetten bei Brienz

+41 33 952 10 30

Opening hours

11 April to 27 October 2024
10 am to 5 pm daily

Follow us